Thursday, April 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Friday 3/24/17

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 weeks ago #25

Chris wrote:
...maybe you should have a Rastafarian break after your adrenaline drops off....

Area 32 - 6/17/2014
Area32_6_17_2014140.jpg

Friday 3/24 7 years 3 weeks ago #26

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I remember that day, I had to sit that one out because of bad ankle.

Friday 3/24/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #27

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Awesome picture!
I think what happens is that I sail crappy and/or make tactical mistakes when I first go out, but I make it work to some extent through sheer power. Then my energy gets drained out, the reality kicks in and my mistakes are severely punished. After receiving a good amount of beating I wise up apparently at some point and start sailing smarter and have my great finale . Like for example yesterday after Chris left I started jibing at the far end where it was flat and tacking at the launch side where the chop was bad. This helped me to have more successful turns and to stay upwind at the same time. It takes too long unfortunately for my brain to process the information.

Friday 3/24/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #28

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I J-UP to stay up wind.

Friday 3/24/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #29

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What does J-Up mean?

Friday 3/24/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #30

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
When you jibe you intentionally tern sharp and nose up wind instead of the typical jibe.

Friday 3/24/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #31

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ha, i do this almost every time on my 94, regardless if I want it or not. Im not going to do a planing exit with it any time soon. It's just that you have more speed and you can point higher then me. Skill, weight, equipment-everything contributes more or less. The reality for me is that if I don't tack a walk of shame may follow...or a long upwind shlog at least.
PS: actually crashing may be the main reason for my difficulty to stay upwind. And I crash a LOT, as you've seen. Every crash results in downwind driftting and then I have to bear off to get planing and there you go.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds