Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: NW for Saturday 3/18/17

NW for Saturday 3/18/17 7 years 1 month ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Having some "cabin fever " already. Time for the remedy. A trip to beautiful Clinton Lake will do and Sat looks as good as any albeit on the chilly side. Also NW has been my lucky wind direction at Clinton so far.

NW for Saturday 7 years 1 month ago #2

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
15-22mph high 46, at least you will have sun. The water temp probably has dropped.

NW for Saturday 7 years 1 month ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Hopefully 6.5 wind, but I'll take 7.5 as well if I have to. I still enjoy it. Sunshine makes it so much better indeed.

NW for Saturday 7 years 1 month ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Short, but a good one. Went out around 12 and came in by 2:30. Nicely powered 7.5/110 most of the time with little slogging until the last 30 min when it started dropping gradually. I was at my what it seems favorite launch by the beach doing short runs back and forth with some emphasis on the port side jybes and tacks , which I feel lacking a bit compared to the starboard side.
PS: Some nice gusts right now, but temperature is too low - 41F -so time to leave.

IMG_1924.png

NW for Saturday 7 years 1 month ago #5

Awesome, you're racking up some days. We got a Swim Beach fan. If you like it now, wait until the Boondocks Grill opens for the season. You can eat with views of the windsurf action on the water. We asked a longtime ago if it was OK to wear wetsuits in here and they said they would mop-up behind us. Wet money spends just the same.

Boondocks_Grill.jpg

Raging SE wind in 4/6/2013

NW for Saturday 7 years 1 month ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Uhuu, my 9th session this year! Can't believe it myself, its the weather but also Clinton that made this possible. And yes I really like the beach launch for the space, parking and restrooms, until it starts to get crowded at least once the swim season starts.
I remembered why I've kept my seat harness. It has saved my season before when Ive cracked my ribs and I dearly missed it yesterday because I fell over the boom again on the Big Wednesday at Wolf and it hurts when the waist harness pushes against the rib cage. At least it is the opposite side this time and there's no blue, so I guess the vest saved the rib this time. Should start using the seat harness for a while until it stops hurting bad.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds