Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Monday 3/06/17

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #1

NOAA: Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Cloudy, with a high near 64. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. Chance of precipitation is 40%

Clinton_3_06_2017.png

mapperv2_3_06_2017.jpg

30.forecast_2017-03-06.gif

mapperv2_3_06_2017_4.jpg

mapperv2_3_06_2017_7.jpg

3_06_2017_morning.jpg

Looks like a good day at The Corner. A little rain maybe in the afternoon. 5.8 to 4.7 S-SSE wind. Who's with me?

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #2

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I have to see if I can get away from work this afternoon, wouldn't the West Side Access be better for today?

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #3

I am in. Where is the corner?

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #4

HA! The Corner, listed as a launch on this fancy website. Definitely in.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I can't today, but next time on S wind I would definitely try a different launch. I didn't like this one much -on shore and very brutal short gusts due to the close proximity of the tree line that reminded me of Lake Andrea. The basin E of the ramp was nice though -there is a clearing in the tree line and if not for the houses on the hill it would have been fantastic . If there is a way to launch from that E facing shore or that little ramp with the buoys in front of it would have been great. Also it is flat-good for jibes but no ramps for jumping. Yesterday one of the kiter guys came to take a look, but then they laughed from the marina , sure kiters have different needs but still .
Tue and Wed may be the place for the corner.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #6

Ady wrote:
If there is a way to launch from that E facing shore or that little ramp with the buoys in front of it would have been great.

You can launch off that boat ramp. Just go straight out so on your next tack you'll be up wind of the buoys. And come in the same way.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #7

Chris wrote:
I have to see if I can get away from work this afternoon, wouldn't the West Side Access be better for today?

How do you feel about 46 degree water at the West Side over 60 degree water at The Corner?

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #8

Ady wrote:
The basin E of the ramp was nice though -there is a clearing in the tree line.... If there is a way to launch from that E facing shore...

There is. Click the The Corner in the menu on the launches page. It gets you right in the wind on a S better than launching from the Swim Beach. The Swim Beach launch is better when it's straight SE wind.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ok got it finally.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #10

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I launched from the corner and sailed my 5.8 for a session and then took a break before heading back out with Reid and Gregory. I think Reid was on a 5.7 and Gregory was on a 6.2. We sailed for awhile and then I came in for a break and they came in shortly after, Gregory rigged another sail and went back out. I joined him but at that time it had backed off a to where 5.8 just wasn't making it so I bailed. Reid was heading out when I got off the water. I had to get back to town by 4 so I took off. It was a good session, I had some good speed runs and was able to chop hop a little but it wasn't really suitable for jumping. Gregory was getting some fast runs on whatever he rigged when I left, think he will say it was worth the trip. Reid was powered up when he wasn't over near the beach, it gets spotting over there when SE wind.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #11

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Ady, some of your faster rides when I was there was when you were out in front of the boat ramp. If I would have launched from the beach I would have first walked down the beach towards the ramp and headed out just as you did when you were getting rides. You have to stay over to the ramp side by jybing just as you get out in front of the beach area no further than the path you walk down to get to the beach. Otherwise you are in some spotty wind.

Monday 3/06/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
That's right, I've learned it the hard way as usual. I've completely overlooked the fact that there are 2 launches on that tip and was actually confused that you were looking for me elsewhere yesterday. Blame it on the ADD I guess.
Anyway despite the spotty winds I was able to do the first Duck jibe in front of the beach and later with the 6.5 and a series of close set gusts sailed without a break in a straight line almost the whole length of that section. That was really cool, but the return wasn't that easy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds