Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Sunday 3/05/17

Sunday 3/05/17 7 years 1 month ago #1

NOAA: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

mapperv2_3_5_2017_1.jpg

30.forecast_2017-03-05.gif

Might be a nice afternoon for somebody. 7.5 conditions possibly gusty 5.8. More wind at Carlyle but it's creeping up this way this afternoon.

I can't make it today. Hoping Monday holds(will post topic later). If you make it out hit reply and tell us how it was.

Sunday 3/05/17 7 years 1 month ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
It was like a roller coaster today-up, down and back up. Me and Chris went to the corner launch and I went ahead of him with the 5.7/94, but the wind started to die down and it was drizzling for a short while. Chris realized that he won't be able to sail and left. I stayed though and rigged the 6.5/110. Sailed with it untill 3:45 doing veeery long reaches which was fun. At times I felt that a 7.5 would have been better, but during few stronger and long gusts I,ve been glad that I had the 6.5-it was a good compromise. Then it started to pick up again and I switched back to the 5.7/94 and finally was able to do a few duck jibes with this kit. Tried a few strap to strap jibes aswell but those weren't successful mostly because I didn't time them right and they were out of steam. Overall a nice diverse day worth the drive.
There were a couple of kiters kiting by the marina.
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds