Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #13

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Seems I got the best of it yesterday by getting out a little earlier than originally planned. I was on the water at 10am, launched from the corner sailing my 5.8 and got some good speed runs on the relatively flat water for an half hour. Then I noticed the wind had shifted so it was going down the bridge pool so I packed up and moved to the bridge pool launch and rigged my 5.2 for some bump and jump sailing. Sailed completely powered up from about 10 to 11 until a little after noon before a front came through and shut things down. I left the lake around 1:30pm, Reid and Aby were trying to make the best of it on bigger gear. I hope the wind filled back in.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #14

• Mike
  • High Wind
I was hoping to make it out but something came up. Next time! Glad you ripped it.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #15

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Nope it didn't. This was yours and yours only day. We struggled for a few hours with Reid . Finally he came in to take pictures and I kept going to pose for the pictures until I got trapped in the wind shadow near shore for the 4th or 5th time, hit the fin on some rock which caused the brass nut to get its tread stripped /US box/ and it was game over and Reid had to rescue me over the slippery rocks.
Well, needless to say over a couple of Sam Adamses and a tasty pork burger at the "Power Jibe" pub afterwards the day didn't look so bad anymore ;)
IMG_1887.png

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #16

Ran out of quarters. :( As Ady's graph shows a little after 11:00am when the wind went from SW to WSW everything stopped. Chris was at the right spot at The Corner to be his own wind tester. It would be hard to pull up to The Bridge and think that was 5.2 wind out there. Chris caught it. I thought it would at least give us 3 hours of that nice SW wind before it switched. I schlogged around on my 108 L with 5.8. in the awkward WSW wind. I did get on-plane a couple of times. It was a good workout for my first time on the water this year. The wind did try to make a comeback in the afternoon as the sun popped out.

Water temp at The Bridge launch 64 degrees!!

8 of the day's 17 photos.

Link: All Of The Day's Photos Here

Welcome to The Bridge
TheBridge_2_24_2017010.jpg

Ady (5.7 94L)
TheBridge_2_24_2017011.jpg

Ady doing Heli-tacks on his 94L was impressive. Go to the link for full sequence
TheBridge_2_24_2017014.jpg

Ady (5.7 94L)
TheBridge_2_24_2017047.jpg

Ady (5.7 94L)
TheBridge_2_24_2017005.jpg

Got steam?
TheBridge_2_24_2017060.jpg

"I'm givin' her all she's got, captain!"
TheBridge_2_24_2017066.jpg

Link: All Of The Day's Photos Here

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #17

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Geez Reid you are killing it with that camera of yours! You made it look so much better that I'm starting to doubt my own assessment of the day /maybe I got too exhausted/. The 2 or 3 Hellies and several tacks I was able to finally do on this board made it a good practice indeed. Combine it with the desperate fight to launch in the wind shadows and today I feel like Ive been through several rounds with Mike Tyson :pinch:
Thanks for not displaying the embarrassing moments! I still own you some beers, I won't forget.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #18

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
That graph is not accurate for Clinton, Heyworth is west so it must have shut down first, I was completely powered up on my 5.2 until noon when I came in as the front was on top of us. Anyway, wish we could get the power station to share their wind data. Maybe we can ask to just give us the old data and not real time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds