Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
The chance of rain posted is now 32% at the highest for Friday. That's a good thing but it's also during the time they show having the highest gusts. This may be a early morning sailing day, hope the direction changes a bit either to be more northerly or southerly from the West. Will be nice to get some rides Friday before it gets back down in the low 40's for highs. I'm sure the forecast will change over the next two days.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #2

Upgrade: 4:00pm map. Shhhh, you have to whisper when you talk about it. Don't jinx it. Shhhh

1:00pm: This parting of the Red Sea is pissing me off. It was on the 4:00pm too
mapperv_2_24_2017_1.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-22.gif

Now the 4:00pm just filled in. Shhh Don't look at it!
mapperv_2_24_2017_4.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-22.gif

Water temp on the West Side. Big warm up. Add 11 degrees for The Road temp, maybe 5 for the Marina and 15 for The Bridge (Roughly)
clinton_lake_water_temp.png

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
:whistle:

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Vayu, I decided to take the afternoon off tomorrow so I will be at the lake at 11:00am. Please make it windy. .

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #5

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Ady, please bring the harness if you make it down. Reid, please bring the jacket you have. Not sure if it warrants being called life jacket since it's so thin. The red one I use is thick. I'll bring some $$ Check out what I currently have, nice!

Harness.jpg

lifejackert.jpg

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Reid, I'm thinking bridge pool? What you think? By the time it gets completely West I will be at the Power House Pub.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Sure Chris, I will. Ever thought about going waist /harness/ ? I used to do big sails-seat, small sails-waist, but last season switched all out waist. Anyhow the XT harness that I have has a slightly higher hook than a classic seat like yours and it may serve as a good transition to waist one day if you decide to switch. You'll be under no obligation to buy it though and I'd like you to try it for yourself as much as you want tomorrow and only buy it if you really like it- I don't care either way.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #8

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks! I have tried waist harness but think that for the lake sailing rather than wave sailing the seat harness allows me to more easily get on plain and accelerated so that I can quickly take advantage of what's before me when limited distance is available. I seem to be able to tack upwind more easily with the seat harness, I let go of my front hand and can control the sail more easily where the waist harness would pull me more forward, I like the harness about at my belly. All this could be just bull shit that applies to me but that's what makes things interesting. Can't wait to try the harness out, thanks!

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #9

Chris wrote:
Reid, I'm thinking bridge pool? What you think? By the time it gets completely West I will be at the Power House Pub.... Reid, please bring the jacket you have.

Yeah, I think The Bridge launch is the spot. The campground gates are probably still closed. Ady, there's a little bit of parking on each side of the road on the east side of the bridge.(see Launches page) I'm gonna try to get down there around 10:30am. I'll bring the jacket , Chris. We might see 60+ degree water temp at The Bridge launch.

Water temp at the coldest part of the lake.
clinton_lake_water_temp2_24_17.png

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 2 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
What a difference! 5mph wind, 41 F temperature and drizzling here in Woodridge vs 60F and 17-27 mph in Clinton! The pilgrimage today is a no-brainer. OMW!

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #11

We might have to go to the Marina. We'll see what it looks like out there.

Friday 2/24/17- next Clinton extravaganza 7 years 1 month ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I was thinking the same. Reid remind me to exchange cellphone numbers please!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds