Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Already?

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Aha. Two more windy days ahead, but I'm making a pass strategically on Friday and placing my bets on Sunday instead.
Because:
-after the snowfall and 2 freezing days the lake may be iced over in spots
-warm southern winds don't quite go along with the cold dense air above the water
Which launch will the Clinton experts advise me on for the NW expected for Sunday?

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #2

Ady wrote:
Which launch will the Clinton experts advise me on for the NW expected for Sunday?

Not sure if I'm an expert. I'm just a spiritual figurehead. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday looks NW. The Road is my favorite launch for NW. It's also my favorite launch. It has the shortest walk from rigging to wind-line. It has a sand bottom and is shallow nearshore. And you can get out of the wind on land during a break. Watch for cars. NW is perfect for it. She can handle a slight NW-WNW. The buoys on the other side are there for a reason. Respect them and don't go inside them or risk punching a hole in the bottom of your board on a stump. The other nice thing is if anything goes wrong you can drift to the east shore and walk back to the launch. Or find a spot to pull your gear out and drive your car down to it. If the plant is running water temp here can be 10 degrees warmer than the West Side launch. Pray you see steam on your drive past the water fall. As of right now afternoon looks better. Cloud cover drops throughout the day. It looks like 7.5+ sail conditions. Let's look at some graphs and maps.

Clinton_2_12_2017.png

mapperv_2_12_2017.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-09.gif

mapperv2_2_12_2017_4.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-09.gif

Pilgrimage!
:woohoo:

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
That launch was my choice too and Im glad you've confirmed it. I may even bring another pilgrim to the sacred shrine of Illinois windsurfing ;)
Btw where do you park and where rig and launch if you can be more precise?
IMG_1851.png

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #4

Upgrade: Now it's looking 5.7 maybe 5.2 for late afternoon Sunday. Have it rigged and off to the side ready.

mapperv2_2_12_2017_4_2017-02-09.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-09-2.gif

Ady wrote:
Btw where do you park and where rig and launch if you can be more precise?

From the Launches page>Clinton Lake>The Road. Heading west, just before the guard rail park on either side of the road just enough to get your tires off the pavement. Rig in the mowed grass either side. Watch for cars.
The_Road.png

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
IMG_1852_2017-02-10.png

Lake Bloomington still frozen-I knew today wouldn't be a good idea. Eyes set on Sunday and all my ION "underwear " arrived, so Im ready to test how stupidly cold Ill be able to handle.
Btw has anybody ever sailed on Lake Bloomington? It looks decent .

IMG_1853.png

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I sailed Lake Bloomington many years ago when I first was learning, don't bother with it, why go there when you have Clinton? It's shielded by trees and has high sea walls and private residences all around it. Just keep on driving south.

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #7

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Going to be a cold session without the plant running. I don't know why it so hard for the plant to publish if it's operating or not? I search but could not find any information. I probably will come down to get a few rides. Let's hope it ends up being warmer than expected.

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Amen! If it's sunny it will be fantastic.

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #9

Upgrade # 2: It just keeps getting better. Now the wind starts earlier. The zone is from 12:00 to 3:00. Looks like 5.8 to 4.7. Gets more and more sunny through the day. Friday the air temp started at around 15 F and end at around 50 F. The 2 inches of snow is gone. Today(Saturday) the air temp hit 66. I'm bringing my stuff and see if I can stand the cold. I should be down there around 11:00.

Clinton_2_12_2017_U.png

mapperv2_2_12_2017_U_1.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-11.gif

mapperv2_2_12_2017_U_4.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-11.gif

2_12_2017_midday.jpg

Now we just need the plant to give us some steam.

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #10

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Looks like it's going to be warmer as well, they are showing a high of 49. Looks pretty nice outside right now, not as much cloud cover as they were forecasting. I would bet that we get into the 50's. I won't be able to make it down until 1:00pm unfortunately. See ya on the water!

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
See you guys! Me and Mike be there around 11.

Already? 7 years 1 month ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
First to the launch yeyy! Looks like 5.7.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds