Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Tuesday 2/7

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Looking at Tuesday for sailing either Clinton or Shelbyville. Anyone?

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I cant decide on Tuesday or Friday. Im doing the pilgrimage to Clinton again this week for sure, but which day-both look good! Tue has the temperature advantage, Fri the wind strength, but I would like to sail with yoy guys aswell, so Ill let you decide depending on job schedule etc etc. Im fine with either day...or both days /risking that nasty look from wify :angry: /

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #3

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I have my gear in the car, will be heading to Clinton around noon. Hey Reid, can you make it out? I'm still trying to figure out the best launch, West wind so I'm thinking the main pool but not sure if I will launch from purgatory cove or the Marina. Ady suggested perhaps the corner, May have to just wait to see what's happening when get down there. Ady,, if you get there early then let me know where you decide looks best. Reid, please let me know your call for tomorrow afternoon. Hope you can make it,

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I just checked Accuweather and it has WSW so maybe the bridge pool if it has enough SW in it? Getting conflicting forecasts so probably wont know until we get there.

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #5

Chris wrote:
... Hey Reid, can you make it out? I'm still trying to figure out the best launch, West wind so I'm thinking the main pool but not sure if I will launch from purgatory cove or the Marina. Ady suggested perhaps the corner, May have to just wait to see what's happening when get down there. Ady,, if you get there early then let me know where you decide looks best. Reid, please let me know your call for tomorrow afternoon. Hope you can make it,

I can't make it this time. What's in store for you boys is where every launch is off a little with the WSW wind. Just above The Narrows(Marina) is probably the best spot right after the rain stops. Water temp on the West Side 38.5 F. You'll be wanting to see steam on your drive over.

Clinton_2_7_2017.png

mapperv2_2_7_2017_1.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-07.gif

mapperv2_2_7_2017_4.jpg

30.forecast_2017-02-07.gif

2_7_2017_morning.jpg

2_7_2017_midday.jpg

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #6

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks for you suggestion, I will be at the Marina around 11:30am. Going to probably have to slog up to the narrows to get into the wind line.

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Marina it is then.

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #8

The good news is the rain cleared out earlier than forecast. Air temp is already 61(10:00am). Sun might even pop out. Beware that it's the first Tuesday on the month. The siren you might hear is a Tornado Test siren. So don't freak out. Keep an eye on each other in that cold water. Have fun.

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #9

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
By Pontiac all the ponds I'm passing by are defrosted and I started feeling the wind gusts pushing my car. Different world here-more windsurfing friendly!

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Again not enough for the 5.7/94 :( Got some rides, but dropping too much in the water in the wind holes and the water is cold, very cold. So far so good it's February after all, cant complain.
IMG_1847.png

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
And here's to the winter winds!

Tuesday 2/7 7 years 1 month ago #12

Ady, I thought you would be raging out there on your 7.5 setup again with the 16 mph base forecast. Or at least 5.7 on your 110. I understand you wanting to get your 94 wet. It's burning a hole in its board bag. :) . Glad you got some rides on it. And hope you got a taste of the main pool. All warm up for a big day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds