Thursday, April 25, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Got Cabin Fever!

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
It's going to be warm and windy today, they are saying Clintons water temp is 44 degrees. We probably have some open water.

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wouldn't that be something! My first session last year has been on 02.20 , whats the chance of starting in January this year?!
Im checking the Carlyle Reservoir webcam regularly and it is shaking wild right now from the wind, air temperature is 51F but there is a sheet of ice from last weeks polar blast still visible. I wouldn't need much persuasion to drive the 4 hrs each way tomorrow for a bit of fun if the ice clears .

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #3

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I loaded up my gear and went to the lake yesterday. The majority of the lake is clear of ice, most of the ice is on the west side and along the shore on the south side. I’m surprised more of the lake is not covered since it doesn’t appear that the power plant is running. The wind was cranking! However, it was completely overcast with light rain making the conditions undesirable for me. At least I got a dry run in so I have my gear all ready for the next opportunity. Well, not a completely dry run, I had a few beers at the lake.

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Looks like all the wind tomorrow will meet at Clinton! South Illinois got degraded and up north here the lakes are still mostly frozen. How does it look at Clinton guys? Anyone sailing?

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #5

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I'm up for it if the wind shows up, the lake is clear. SailFlow is showing more wind on Sunday. I still have my gear in my car so I'm good to go.

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Cool Ill pm you my phone number so we can stay in touch. Which would be the launch for the predicted SSW?

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #7

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I would say the Marina or perhaps from the corner near the boat ramp at the campgrounds.

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #8

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Man, looks like they upped the forecast for Carlyle tomorrow. Hey Reid, what's your thoughts?

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #9

I don't see enough wind for Clinton or Carlyle to get me out there.

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #10

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Thanks Reid, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. According to SailFlow today doesn't look so well. Perhaps we will have 20 MPH tomorrow, wish I still had my best buddy Boomer, that dog would know if the wind was going to blow. Missing him for sure. Aby, I'm not sure what size sails and boards you have but if you can sail 12-20 MPH then you may get some rides, hard telling. If you do go for it then I will probably drive down as well so let me know. It's only 30 minutes from my house. The largest sail I have is 5.7 and I sail a 93 ltr board so I require a little more wind. I have one larger Nash sail but I don't have a mast long enough to rig it. Give me a heads up if you are heading down. I am in for the Carlyle road trip as soon as conditions are right. That lake rocks! If you haven't ever sailed there before you are in for a treat. Later

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Ah, finally! Lake Clinton-wide and ice free!
clinton.jpg

Got Cabin Fever! 7 years 3 months ago #12

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Getting ready to roll.
clinton_2.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds