Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Wind Alert 3/31/2014

Wind Alert 3/31/2014 9 years 11 months ago #1

NOAA Forecast Clinton Lake:
"Southerly flow will persist/intensify through Monday in advance of the next storm system and associated cold front. These southerly winds will provide relatively mild temperatures tonight as well as some of the warmest temperatures we have seen in a while (well into 60s) for Monday. However, the southerly winds will become quite gusty at times Monday, and may be approaching Wind Advisory criteria for a few hours in the afternoon. Forecast sounding momentum transfer suggests some gusts to around 40 mph are likely despite the warm layer aloft and rather shallow mixing depth. The system is not expected to have much moisture to work with, so only scattered/isolated showers/storms are anticipated Monday afternoon into the evening."

NOAA Point Forecast - Clinton Lake
noaa_3_31_2014.png

I'll be at The Corner. Come on down! :woohoo:

If you're coming down you'll need some driving music...

Wind Alert 3/31/2014 9 years 11 months ago #2

The water temperature at The Corner is 50 degrees. Big lull around 3:00 as clouds moved in. No where near gusts to 40 at any part of the day.

Chris(4.8 sail)
The_Corner_3_31_2014020.jpg

More photos in the gallary.

SEE MORE PHOTOS

Wind Alert 3/31/2014 9 years 11 months ago #3

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
The wind didn't end up being as good as the forecast. I guess Jennifer got the best of it since she started earlier. Anyway, got some new gear and a few rides, will be ready for the next time. Hopefully we'll get some good wind over this next weekend. Thanks for the pics Reid, really like the new site! Keep up the good work my friend. .

PS.. Chicago windsurfers, come on down to Clinton the water is warmer than the big lake. Will be interesting to see if the colder than usual weather will have any impact on the wind up north. later!
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds