Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Thursday 3/31

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I am going to be at the lake around 11:00am tomorrow. Reid, are you going to be able to make it out? Still figuring out where to launch. Hope others can make it out as well.

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Looks like it is going to turn from south to SW around the time I'm going to get to the lake. Hope to get the chance to sail the bridge pool, if not then the marina will have to do. I'm going to be liking the ~60 degree water and 69 degree air temp!

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #3

NOAA: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 1pm and 4pm. Some of the storms could be severe. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 17 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

champaign_3_31_2016.png

mapperv_3_31_2016.jpg

30.forecast_2016-03-31.gif

Rain is factor again and could be a rain-out. Also the wind going west in the afternoon.

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Damn, guess we'll just have to see.

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #5

Looks good as of 10:30am here. We'll have to watch for redevelopment in the afternoon while out there.

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #6

Got to F11, rigged 4.7, wind coming down the bridge pool, beautiful swell, water temp 65, I'm all set and that's when we hear thunder. Wait in the cars for storm to pass. The storm passes and now the wind has too much west in it for the bridge pool. We un-rig and try Parnell(eastern most) the wind there was funky as we try to catch puffs. So the day was a bust.

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Bumer! I was splitting myself about sailing today or not and because of all the uncertainty in the weather forcast decided against, althogh it is an ugly day at work and I havent been off for more then a week already. Im betting on Sat... and Sun maybe.

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #8

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Yeah

Thursday 3/31 8 years 2 weeks ago #9

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Parnell made me feel claustrophobic. The wind is squirrelly because of the tree line, the wind would have to be at just the right direction to be any good at all. Even then there’s not much water to work with. I think we should take that off of the launch site page if it’s on there.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds