Saturday, April 20, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Wednesday 3/23

Wednesday 3/23 8 years 3 weeks ago #1

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Is anyone considering sailing today? I'm not sure what to think about the forecast, Reid, what's your call?

Wednesday 3/23 8 years 3 weeks ago #2

It's backing off today. I got my eye on tomorrow. Will look at updated forecast tonight.

Wednesday 3/23 8 years 3 weeks ago #3

Currently blowing 25-40 mph at Clinton lake, KS with cloudy skies and 77 °F. I'm probably going to sail another nearby lake (Hillsdale Lake) after work, since it'll still be windy till evening today. Hoping to hit my first Shaka.....probably going to just do alot of crashing.

Wednesday 3/23 8 years 3 weeks ago #4

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Eric, how did it turn out? Did you land the Skaka...? I don't even know what that is but sounds interesting.

Wednesday 3/23 8 years 3 weeks ago #5

This was one of those days that things......well......just aren't gonna go your way: period. Here's what happened:
Worked all day looking out the window at crap getting blown around all day (I had taken the previous two afternoons off), left at 4:30pm and drove to Hillsdale lake (35 min drive)
Got to the gate, and....it was LOCKED!!! It's never locked. Go to the camp ground supervisors trailer: no one is home to unlock the gate. Go to the state park office: closed, no one around. Go to the corps of engineers office: closed, no one around. ..........wtf?!?!
No choice but to go to the other side of the lake across the dam and launch on the north wind launch site (it's blowing south), sail down wind, to the waves, work on freestyle down there and watch the wind and storms so I can sail back up wind if it gets scetchy.
Rig a 4.8 for my 87 litre rrd fsw board, put on wet suit, haul everything down to the water......and the wind quits......then it starts to rain.....then lightning flashes in the distance. OK, God, I got the message: de-rig and go home. All that effort and I didn't even get wet ('cept for gettin' rained on). blurg.....
supposed to be more wind next week: stay tuned.

Wednesday 3/23 8 years 3 weeks ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Eric Raven wrote:
This was one of those days that things......well......just aren't gonna go your way: period. Here's what happened:
Worked all day looking out the window at crap getting blown around all day (I had taken the previous two afternoons off), left at 4:30pm and drove to Hillsdale lake (35 min drive)
Got to the gate, and....it was LOCKED!!! It's never locked. Go to the camp ground supervisors trailer: no one is home to unlock the gate. Go to the state park office: closed, no one around. Go to the corps of engineers office: closed, no one around. ..........wtf?!?!
No choice but to go to the other side of the lake across the dam and launch on the north wind launch site (it's blowing south), sail down wind, to the waves, work on freestyle down there and watch the wind and storms so I can sail back up wind if it gets scetchy.
Rig a 4.8 for my 87 litre rrd fsw board, put on wet suit, haul everything down to the water......and the wind quits......then it starts to rain.....then lightning flashes in the distance. OK, God, I got the message: de-rig and go home. All that effort and I didn't even get wet ('cept for gettin' rained on). blurg.....
supposed to be more wind next week: stay tuned.
Major bummer! Next week looks exciting hopefully thunderstorms wont spoil it.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds