Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Ice Windsurfing on Lake Winnebago

Ice Windsurfing on Lake Winnebago 6 years 2 months ago #1

• Greg S
  • Strong Breeze
Hey Chicago sailers if you are itching to sail and have the time consider checking out Ice Windsurfing up on Lake Winnebago. I drove up from Chicago on Sunday to give it a try. I brought my smallest sails and was out on the ice for nearly 3 hours. I have never Ice Windsurfed before but brought up my snowboard helmet, knee pads, and cold weather gear (jacket, pants, gloves) and had a blast. I arranged a lesson with Ben he was great.

They probably have good ice (thick enough to drive on) for another three or four weeks depending on weather.They have an awesome setup... Basically you meet them at the shop and they take you out on the lake where they have a great set-up with a spacious warming hut, speakers, and a cleaned up rink area where you can carve it up.

If you are interested in renting an ice board and getting some instruction contact Ben Herdrich at www.windpowerwindsurfing.com/ on Lake Winnebago.

Here is a video of the space they've cleared out on the lake

Ice Windsurfing on Lake Winnebago 6 years 2 months ago #2

I just saw on Facebook that Levi Siver was there to enjoy the ice.

Ice Windsurfing on Lake Winnebago 6 years 2 months ago #3

• Greg S
  • Strong Breeze
Yes....Hawaiian Pro Sailer comes to the midwest to sail.... he posted two clips on his Instagram...
There are some postings www.facebook.com/windpowerwindsurfing/
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds