Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Carpe Ventus and Windsurfing

Carpe Ventus and Windsurfing 6 years 5 months ago #1

Hi All!

I'm not sure if I can post this here or not??

Either way let my try. I am on the board of a non-profit organization called Carpe Ventus which means "Seize the Wind". Our mission is to strengthen mentorship in the city of Chicago through Sailing, Windsurfing and Kiteboarding.

This season we took over 250 inner city at-risk kids off the grid and onto the water using our 26ft Colgate sailing boat. To celebrate we are having an end of season benefit party so I thought I might post here if there are any wind-surfers out there interested in networking with us and learning a little more about what we do and our vision for 2018.

Tickets can be purchased here: carpeventusbenefit.eventbrite.com

More info about what we do on our website here: www.carpeventus.com

Again, if this post is not appropriate for the forum feel free to reject it or redirect it to a better thread. We hope to see some representatives from the windsurfing community join us!

You are also free to reach out to me directly if you would like to know more, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks!

Stephen

Carpe Ventus and Windsurfing 6 years 5 months ago #2

Stephen,

Sounds like a great organization! I'd love to attend but I'm based in St. Louis. Hope some of our Chicago area Wind Friends can make it.

Chris Mihill
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds