Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Log in Register

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Welcome, Guest


TOPIC: NE for 10.10 and 10.11

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #1

  • Ady
  • Ady's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurricane Force
  • Posts: 927
This looks like a serious wave riding opportunity at Greenwood! Im opting for Wednesday.

BEDE3353-089D-4BDB-BBDF-C61267116B2B.jpeg

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #2

Wow, that's a great looking forecast! Is Evanston pretty rideable when the wind is as on-shore as it's forecasted to be on Wed? (Looks like a true NE...)

I'm going to ride Sheboygan tomorrow, but Greenwood might be an option for Wed based on the predicted wave heights ;-)

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #3

  • Ady
  • Ady's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurricane Force
  • Posts: 927
Honestly I don’t know Jacob. I’m next to clueless about predicting wave conditions at specific spots, Alan is the expert on that. As long as I can cross the beach break out and get rides in Im a happy camper. I fell a lot behind in the wave department and now I have a lot to catch up. Greenwood looks OK to me for NE . Otherwise Waukegan maybe?!

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #4

Yesterday and earlier today Wind Alert had Wednesday at NE but in the last hour or so it's looking E, but tommorrow is still holding at NE.

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #5

  • Ady
  • Ady's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurricane Force
  • Posts: 927
Ahh shoot! It has changed indeed for the worse. Im going to get screwed probably, but it’s too late now and I have to show up for work tomorrow :(

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #6

  • Gregory
  • Gregory's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Storm Force
  • Posts: 212
Jake, I'll probably see you in Sheboygan Tuesday. I found a couple of hours free between meetings during lunch time.

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #7

If it holds I'll probably check out Greenwood tommorrow so wait and see in the morning.

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #8

The lake definitely "won" today.... The forecast looked really good and the kiters were ripping it up, but the wind just didn't seem very strong on the surface of the water. I was on my biggest kit (6.1) and still barely keeping the board on a plane. It was a real shame because the waves were shaping-up nicely. Also, what happened to the water temps in the last week? It's cold out there!

I hope you guys got better conditions down south today!

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #9

  • Ady
  • Ady's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Hurricane Force
  • Posts: 927
I have been working today, but I heard from Alan that nobody at Greenwood could make it out. Same thing like what you are describing-looks windy but the wind is weak over the water, on top of that it must have been directly onshore. Windsup conditions ;)
Still haven’t made up my mind about where to launch tomorrow, but I feel like leaning towards the Indiana beaches like Lake St in Gary. Not sure yet.

NE for 10.10 and 10.11 1 month 1 week ago #10

I decided to forego today, I didn't trust the forecast. The forecasts and actual weather never seem to match very consistently when rain is predicted in the forecast. It just seems to be sketchy and unreliable. I'm putting my faith in Friday that once this front moves thru, Friday will shape up better than what's being predicted at the moment. Crossing my fingers!
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds