Thursday, April 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: S for Saturday 10.07

S for Saturday 10.07 6 years 6 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
It looks very good early and then storms/showers are supposed to spoil it later. Up early in a day off-that sucks but I’ll have to try. Wolf Lake ?!

S for Saturday 10.07 6 years 6 months ago #2

A bit far this early... anyone else going more north?

S for Saturday 10.07 6 years 6 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
It wasn’t this nuclear on Wolf, but strong nonetheless. It turned out to be my favorite 5.2 sail size wind range. I started initially with a 5.7, but after 3 runs it became clear that it’s too much for me even though Ive maxed the sail completely including the lower clue hole. Came in, rigged the bright orange 5.2 and replaced the single 28 cm fin with a tri fin set consisting of flexy MFC 20 cm rear and stiff 11 cm G10 sides . This set is best for Lake Michigan -very turny . After a while I replaced this set with another consisting of stiff 22 cm MFC AR and flexy 11 cm MFC sides. This one is the set for Wolf on strong wind -tracks like a single fin but less bouncy and with more bite in the jibes.
At some point unfortunately clouds started to gather above and the wind became weaker and even more gusty then it has already been. I decided to switch back to single 26 cm fin but by the time I was back on the water the wind has died. I almost left at this point, but Brian and Manuel started to rig up so I changed my mind and took out my usual Wolf kit -6.5 Retro/110 Atom. I’m glad I stayed and had an awesome second session with my friends. The cherry on the cake was Ella on site with her camera. They came late with Brian and she snapped just a few pictures of the strong wind session when everyone was struggling to stay up on their small kit, but later when we switched she might have shot a hundred pictures. Hopefully the low light didn’t spoil them.
Having too much fun we didn’t pay attention to the approaching storm and we paid the price to derig and change in rain and gales. It was all worth it.

2C52C19C-CD9E-4A6E-8657-7C0503298FC2.jpeg

Had a strong one back home to wash away the aches 8.5 % alc/vol :silly:
7B55323D-9B85-4E5E-8A6B-7CF41270368D.jpeg

S for Saturday 10.07 6 years 6 months ago #4

Nice! Looks like I should have made the trip. Here in Sheb. it was gusty as hell and hard to rig right. I got an hour till I folded. Swell was big!

S for Saturday 10.07 6 years 6 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
My homie Manuel here demonstrates that the RRD Firewave is as fast and multifunctional as any FSW board and turns better besides. Being a good rider helps of course B)
Few 92 L Firewaves still available at Isthmus for a very very low price!!

30703EBD-4BBC-4307-BE4B-432B4F6DCE09.jpeg

S for Saturday 10.07 6 years 6 months ago #6

Great to see you guys out there in Ella's pics that Brian uploaded.

Nice to see Manuel back on the water with that hot board

A pic from Manuel's "Christmas in January" thread

windsurfillinois.com/index.php/forum/chi...christmas-in-january

FirewaveChristmas.jpg
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds