Saturday, April 20, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Silver Lake wind direction

Silver Lake wind direction 6 years 7 months ago #1

Looked for previous posts on this but only remember Greg S posting to Ady about 3 weeks or so ago re: SE wind. The launch site shows SW wind best, but looking at the launch site and lake it looks like wind would be on shore at that location. I'd like to try the lake in the coming weeks if the wind is right so I'm a little confused and looking for more insight. :unsure:
Thanks!

Silver Lake wind direction 6 years 7 months ago #2

Here you go...

Ady wrote:
Im a bit skeptical about Silver lake in S and especially SE wind. I recall that side of the lake is heavily wooded and the tree line will cast a long wind shadow in front of the launch. In the middle of the lake there might be boat traffic on Sunday. I haven't sail on this lake but I checked it once out of curiosity and remember only its W to SW side being wide open.

Here's a vid of some guys sailing it a on a SW wind.

Windsurfing at Silver Lake, WI, Nov 6, 2011

Silver Lake wind direction 6 years 7 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
We should definitely sail this lake Garry, Lake Geneva also. I'll keep an eye for a good day for this.

Silver Lake wind direction 6 years 7 months ago #4

For sure! Looking over this weeks forecast I was hoping Silver Lake would work out for Wed (S/E) or Thursday (S) at this point anyway. But I'd like to hear from some of the guys that sail there and their opinions. Otherwise I'll probably try Wolf or Andrea. I can only sail one day or the other. I looked at Geneva and it looks like Reid is still looking for some info on a couple of launches. I wonder if the Big Foot launch would work with a south wind, it's on the east end of the lake. Not sure how the south shore line/area looks for trees.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds