Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: SSE Sunday

SSE Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #13

Muskegon, MI breakwalls cam: 3 windsurfers out on longboards.

muskegon_8_27_2017.jpg

South Haven, MI pier cam: "Old and new"

South_haven_8_27_2017.jpg

SSE Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #14

Love the pictures.
Well, up north in Sheboygan there were sailing/planing conditions before 9:30am and from 11am-3pm roughly. Swell was wrapping around the north pier in Sheboygan and that attracted at least 20-25 surfers in town on North Beach. This was actually a pretty good day. Here's a pic of my session. More pics in the Sheboygan Chronicle topic within Lake Michigan Windsurfers.

GOPR0952.00_31_46_47.Still011.jpg

SSE Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #15

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Since you mentioned Lake Michigan surfers, when browsing the selection of free movies on Comcast yesterday before GOT, I came upon a surf documentary called "Step into liquid " and there was quite a section in it about Sheboygan specifically and some of its vetran surfers. It's cool that they included the surf capital of the Midwest together with other "exotic " places from around the globe.

SSE Sunday 6 years 7 months ago #16

This is awesome.
Here's the link to the Sheboygan section of that movie on YouTube. (for those like me who have cut the cord.)

And the location of the best surfing spots on that beach. The north spot is good after NE or SE windy days. The south near the jetty is good only in SE conditions (it is called by the locals "the elbow").
Red dots are best places to launch with a windsurf or a kite. You'll notice an area on the map saying "Sheboygan Reef". This is a shallow with a large bedrock 10 -15 feet deep that generates breaking waves. Size depends on the size of the swell.

You_Doodle_2017-08-28T12_13_01Z.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds