Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: NNE for Friday

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
With swimm season and whatnot, I may visit an old crush of mine-the Wall. I don't remember when I last sailed there, is it still standing?!

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #2

• Jake
  • High Wind
Or, if you feel like driving a bit more, Sheboygan might be pretty fun... I'm seeing 16 gusting 25, NNE for tomorrow.

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yeah I know. I had some big aspirations about going places this year, but life hasn't been kind thus far . I'll have to dedicate half of the day to chores :(

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #4

Me and Roman was today at The Wall.. It was so nice to be there again..the best flat water spot ever!
Nice to see Roman back in game, congratulation to your recovery!!!
I was passing by Wolf earlier and somebody was out there just cruising..The wall was 6.3 full steady wind. Completely different world in North wind compare to Wolf which is in wind shade of the city. Enjoy it tomorrow!

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #5

Ady, please let us know what the conditions look like when you get there. I'm going to try to make it there today

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #6

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Finally done with chores, just about to leave home. Readings have been on the light side anyway, hopefully it will start to pick up now. Im ready for some plaaaaning!

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Gonna try the 5.7/94 combo first.

NNE for Friday 6 years 8 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
IMG_2089.jpg

Yes! That was a lot of fun! Maybe too much cause I'm completely spent. Enjoying now my customary beer break before the long drive home, this time it's Allagash Tripel and some row almonds-hydration, nutrition and relaxation for Ady's old body and soul ;)
It was a bit of a revelation for me today. I sailed out from the boat ramp at Calumet park with the 5.7 Revo and 94 Kode Freewave and it was ok and only slightly underpowered with no prospect to make it to the flat area way upwind . Its bumpy this far from the wall and my jibes sucked with the 28 cm Freewave fin so I came in after a while and replaced it with the tri fin set I bought recently -MFC TF 20 center and TF 11 sides. Soo much better-the board just sticks to the water in the turn with little speed penalty, which I'm accepting gladly. Wind has picked up meanwhile, so I had to downhaul and outhaul to the max on the spot/easily done with the little cleat that I cary in my shorts pocket/. Around this time I saw couple of sails blasting in the flat section and decided to sail there and join the guys. That was a mistake cause the upwind grind went very slow and boring. At some point I started asking myself: why am I doing this ?! I mean it's like taking a motocross bike to a speed track-utter nonsense! Turned around and sailed back to the excellent bump and jump playground that is the water in front of Calumet park. This is when the fun started for real -with the wind in the lower 20s and my "mud tires" on it was a blast including little wave turns and some good jumps. Amazing! From now on I won't waste my time trying to go to the flat section of the Wall with the Kode-it's pointless, this board is not made for flat water. It's the Atomic that covers that department stupid :S

IMG_2088.png

NNE for Friday 6 years 7 months ago #9

Ady, I don't see this listed as a launch site but is it usually acceptable by the forces that be? Is this were the other windsurfers you speak of blasting in the flat section launched from? Oh, by the way I didn't enjoy a cold one before heading home from Wolf on Friday, but enjoyed some spicy hot wings Saturday night and washed them down with some Hofbrau Dunkel! Mmmmm..... Good stuff!

NNE for Friday 6 years 7 months ago #10

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
He, Reid keeps it a secret, this and who knows how many others /just joking/ . The other South Side regulars usually launch right at the Wall -the 87th St. launch /Steelworkers park/ . You can try it in almost any N wind if you don't mind the treacherous rocks which you have to climb over caring your equipment on your way in. Just avoid ENE because it gets even nastier than it is. I used to launch there before, but a few times in easterly wind did some more damage then I can accept to my equipment while climbing and decided that it's not worth it. The Calumet park boat ramps launch on the other hand is downwind from the Wall and quite bumpy, so I don't recommend you launching there until you reach advanced level. I've seen some intermediates struggle there and I have had my fair share of trouble too. I kind of like though.

NNE for Friday 6 years 7 months ago #11

I don't need any additional adventures at this point so Hammond Beach is looking pretty good. I've boated there before and It's a fairly nice beach.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds