Saturday, April 20, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Light wind fun on Lake Andrea 07.09

Light wind fun on Lake Andrea 07.09 6 years 9 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Getting excited about some quality light wind practice on Lake Andrea tomorrow. Just realized that I've never done the Boomerang!! It's such an impressive little move that looks very easy to learn , I can't believe it has been under my radar for so long, its a shame! I have couple of the reverse ducking once in mind to practice aswell so there will be no time to get bored.
Some storms might be around later, so I might get screwed especially with my wife and dog in tow. Hopefully the rain will miss us and send some wind my way instead. I may take my big board and sail also, besides the SUP and the 5.2, just in case.

Light wind fun on Lake Andrea 07.09 6 years 9 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Did I say "very easy to learn " about the Boomerang earlier?! That was a joke, nothing comes easy in windsurfing! For me at least :( The first time I threw the rig forward and it just smashed over the nose of the board I told myself: yah right, easy my ..... After many many throws I managed to get a few good ones and even some almost 360 floats without catching, but man it isn't easy . Don't try it without any kind of nose/mast protector!!
Push tacks, not easy either. I think I got misled by the Tricktionary videos which tell you to weigh the front leg in light wind. In another video this doesn't seem necessary and I think it just messes up the board rotation. I did few, but mostly by accident-still work in progress. What I did also by accident was the backwinded tack which was supposed to be a gybe actually. That was pretty cool and if I'm able to reproduce it on a short board it would be even cooler.
It was an awesome day on Lake Andrea!
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds