Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #13

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Thanks, Chris,
I usually try to avoid painkillers as much as I can, but not when I'm going to bed otherwise it is hard to stay asleep.

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #14

Sorry to hear this, Manuel :( Too many of you guys hurting yourselves up there, need to stop that shit.

Get well soon:

Roman
Gregory
Ady
Brian
Manuel

WTF? :woohoo:

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #15

Manuel, I use the Dakine vest . I get'em one size bigger than my normal size to fit over suits. You're gonna need to let your ribs fully heal. If you bang'em again too soon they could poke something internally. Get well my friend.

DakineSurfaceVest.jpg

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #16

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Thanks Reid. Did I mentioned that I already booked a trip to Cabarete, DR for mid July. That's about a little over 5 weeks since the day I had the accident. That's going to be tie.

Thank you for the advice. I'm definitely getting one.

Neil Pryde High Hook Vest 6 years 10 months ago #17

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Manuel, you might also consider the Neil Pryde High Hook Flotation Vest. It's not as tight as the impact vests, which in your case might help a lot, given the sensitivity of your ribs at present, and it still has a relatively low profile. As you know, I'm in Cabarete right now. I've tried on both the impact vests and the flotation vests and I'm definitely leaning toward the flotation vest myself, and that's without any broken ribs. :woohoo: At any rate, there are stores here where you can try both on.... para que sepas. Wishing you a quick recovery!

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #18

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Good prices and size availability of ION vests here: www.bigwinds.com/windsurfing-flotation-vests
A seat harness is what you'll need most initially though!

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #19

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Thanks, Ari and Chris. Chris, I read your email before looking at this thread. So, I think I going to wait until I get to Cabarete.

This Wednesday I had a really bad day. So bad that at some point I thought I will have to go back to the hospital. I started to build phlegm on my long due to a cough I developed. By trying to avoid coughing, which still very painful, I started to breathe short and fast instead of coughing. This provoked the build up of phlegm which also make me cough even more, which let me gasping for air. A nasty vicious circle. Finally, Thursday morning, I was able to cough the phlegm out, and since then I've been feeling much better.

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 10 months ago #20

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Chris wrote:
Life jackets not only keep you safe from drowning but help protect your ribs. Welcome to the cracked three ribs club.

Hi Chris,
How long did it take you to go back to windsurf after cracking 3 ribs?
I'm flying to Cabarete in 4 weeks, that will be 5 weeks since the accident. I booked everything 2 months ago. If I canceled I will lose the money I paid for the apartment i booked.

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 9 months ago #21

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
I sailed with the pain about a week or so after. I know it took awhile for them to completely heal. I would think you should be fine for your trip. Might as well go for it.

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 9 months ago #22

The curse of spring 2017! This has to stop!
Hope you feel better soon.

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 9 months ago #23

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
This year just keeps getting worse! We have even a fatality already-have you heard about that guy that got killed on Lake Mendota by a motor boat on 05.31?! I heard about it just yesterday. Such a tragedy, RIP Yu Chen!
www.google.com/amp/host.madison.com/news...d7c87bf6a2a.amp.html

Freak Accident. Big thanks to Alan for rescue me 6 years 9 months ago #24

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
What the heck, how is it they have someone negligent opering a vessel thats purpose is rescuing people. I could see if it were some drunk or some kid joy riding in daddies boat but come on really. The UW should be paying a butt load of money to his family. May he rest in peace.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds