Thursday, April 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: WSW to W for Mon and Tue

WSW to W for Mon and Tue 6 years 10 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The forecast looks a bit iffy with a chance of rain and I have only the Mon anyway, so I decided to make myself useful and to do some coaching to my friend and his kids over at Lake Andrea. If somebody new to the sport needs some advice please come and see me there, bring your equipment and I'll be glad to spill my beans for a bottle of a good cold beer /preferably with Belgian somewhere in the description/ ;)

WSW to W for Mon and Tue 6 years 10 months ago #2

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
Hi Ady,
Was the lake crowded? I was told that after Memorial Day, the place get too crowded. I want to start teaching my son again and I'm looking for places like that to do it. I w don't want to do it in Wolf lake because I don't like the idea of my son falling in that nasty water over and over. How cold is the water?

WSW to W for Mon and Tue 6 years 10 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Andrea is THE place for that Manuel! Clean water, shallow near shore, little to no chop with temperature somewhere between Lake Michigan and Wolf, no boat traffic and never too crowded at the dedicated windsurfing launch. The only downside I can think of is that it is a bit wind-sheltered especially from N and the wind that squeezes through the trees is quite gusty. Beginners don't need much wind anyway. Bring your son tomorrow if you can, kids get better motivated when they do it together with peers. Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can have a little picnic too.
Check my videos, all done at that lake. Do you see any crowds?!
www.windsurfillinois.com/index.php/videos/719-your-guest

WSW to W for Mon and Tue 6 years 10 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Fun day today at LA . Pretty good wind too 20-30 mph but extremely gusty in front of the launch because of the thick tree line to the W. At the far E end was much better and this is where I sailed mosty with the 94/5.7 and the 110/6.5 later and even used the SUP at some point when coaching my friend Ivo waterstarting techniques. The wind was too strong for hus kid though so the young gentleman got a bit disappointed. A big Russian group came to sail at the lake too-almost a dozen man strong on big kit mostly.

IMG_1984.png
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds