Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Big Wednesday...maybe 3/08/17

Big Wednesday...maybe 3/08/17 7 years 3 weeks ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I haven't made up my mind yet, but the temptation is too great to pass . Looks like Wolf will get more wind then Clinton and I won't have time to drive down there anyway, so this much is clear. The question is: will it hold?

Big Wednesday...maybe 7 years 3 weeks ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wind advisory for tomorrow. My oh my, gonna trash and freeze my ass off at the same time-fantastic!

Big Wednesday...maybe 7 years 3 weeks ago #3

• Chris
  • Hurricane Force
Damn, that is purple.

Big Wednesday...maybe 7 years 2 weeks ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Geez, it may be hitting 50 mph at times! I have trouble holding on my "once or twice a year" 4.2. Great application for the 86-my trash board from now on. I'll keep it. Hopefully this the peak .

Big Wednesday...maybe 3/08/17 7 years 2 weeks ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yay, survived the gales today. I might have broken a rib if not for the impact vest. This is the windiest I've ever sailed into probably-4.2/86 and overpowered most of the time. I was the first one out there starting on a 4.6 but quickly switched to the 4.2 around 12 o'clock. Most people were on 3.7s later though. Approximately at this time the first polish regulars started trickling in and by the time I was done at 2:30 we might have been 8-9 man strong East European brigade.
The Wolf Lake wind sensor traditionally gives higher readings so I usually refer to the Calumet harbor sensor /which looks like broke today /.
IMG_1901.png

IMG_1900.png

Home earlier today then usual, taking my wife out for a dinner. Its the International Women's Day today and it is highly regarded in all East European countries.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds