Friday, April 19, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Cedar Lake IN

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #13

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Update from Cedar Lake. The lake is nice for S and N wind. The Potawatomi launch is perfect for S. So far not much wind, came in to rig the 7.5. I had only one short planing run with the 6.5. Ill follow up later.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #14

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Well I've been reminded ones again why I'm going to the same launches over and over again. Its because every time I go to a new place the wind disappears. Its got to be a spell or something-it happens almost every time.
About Cedar Lake-its nice, but its sealed on all sides by high and thick tree line and homes and the wind is pretty gusty because of that, boat traffic must be insane in the summer and there is some duck farming operation going on or something and there may be more bacteria in the water then normal. Otherwise the area is nice, upscale for Indiana standards and driving is easy. Overall I couldn't find any advantage for myself personally over Wolf.
IMG_1635.jpg

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #15

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #16

Good overview but I don't complain since it's only 7 miles away. Not duck farms but duck blinds with hundreds of duck decoys. The first fall I ever WS'd there i didn't have much control and sailed right through all the duck decoys. I thought the ducks would all fly away but decoys don't fly. I snagged all the decoy anchor lines with my fin. I thought I'd get my backside filled with buckshot.
I wait until winds are 18 knots; most boaters don't go out in high winds. Some days are wonderful.
Never been to Wolf.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #17

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Dan, I wouldn't have done any different if I had that nice lake mere minutes from home. But there is much more out there, so if you decide to get adventurous Wolf is just 25 mi N of you and its really good in SW and W wind. There are a lot of regulars sailing and kiting which makes it more fun and Ill be glad if you come and join us some day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds