Friday, March 29, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Cedar Lake IN

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Hey, anybody ever sailed there? It looks like a nice lake for S wind and its just over 1hr drive from my home. I'm toying with the idea of exploring it, that launch at Potawatomi Park seems fine.
IMG_1631.png

IMG_1629.png

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #2

Cedar lake looks nice, but why bother for the long drive? I'm sure it's less polluted than wolf, but at wolf you will be with other sailors for sure.

If you are gonna drive that far, you might as well get some big lake action. Come join us at greenwood or lee st beach in evanston- great on s, SSW winds. ; and no shorebreak on a southern wind.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #3

It's pretty much the only place I windsurf. It's 7 minutes from home and 7 minutes from work. When wind is forecasted I will normally take my gear to work and WS at lunch.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #4

Easiest place to launch is at very small public sand beach on east side in front of police station and next to very nice restaurant called the Lighthouse for north/south winds. For east/ west winds I put in on Grassy knoll on north side next to Chamber of Commerce parking lot near boat launch. Never been a hassle in either location.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #5

Was there on Sunday and Monday before

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #6

Ah. Same response I give whenever someone says come to Chicago or Michigan City. I can beat myself just as good on Cedar lake then be home in 10 minutes

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #7

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Excellent! Thanks Dan, what can you tell me about that Potawatomi Park? I really like that spot for a launch in S wind.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #8

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
alan schmid wrote:
Cedar lake looks nice, but why bother for the long drive? I'm sure it's less polluted than wolf, but at wolf you will be with other sailors for sure.

If you are gonna drive that far, you might as well get some big lake action. Come join us at greenwood or lee st beach in evanston- great on s, SSW winds. ; and no shorebreak on a southern wind.
Alan I live in Woodridge. Its 1hr 45 min from Greenwood to home right now and heavy traffic. Driving to Cedar Lake would be like a walk in the park in comparison.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #9

ady- i forgot you were that far souh (i thought you were schaumburg/wheeling); that makes a huge difference in sailing spot choices. Sounds like you need to check out cedar lake! Let us know how you like it.

BIg south winds a comin'.....friday looking good, saturday morning too.....

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #10

My wife and I think Potawami Park is fenced and private. I don't think you'll be disappointed laughing at the lighthouse across from the park. I rig up on the lawn there and walk right into the water.

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #11

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Sounds great! Hopefully the forecast holds and I'll be playing Dora the Explorer come Friday. Who wants to be Boots ? :lol:

Cedar Lake IN 7 years 5 months ago #12

I'm in Memphis until Sunday
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds