Saturday, April 20, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: SW for Sat 06.11

SW for Sat 06.11 7 years 10 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Great, looks like I'm missing on a decent 6.5 or better afternoon today. Hopefully there will be some left for tomorrow, I have a Duck Gybe practice on Wolf Lake scheduled !!!

SW for Sat 06.11 7 years 10 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yep, all the wind got blown yesterday. No more then 10% planing time today, but I sill was able to get tired hellytacking my 7.5 /practising to get more consistent/-great upper body workout.
Tomorrow may be windier at the Wall.

SW for Sat 06.11 7 years 10 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Not much wind yesterday either. It starts to look like a windless Summer unfortunately. I went to the Calumet Park /95th St./ and probably got in by 13:15. I started making my way upwind slowly and pretty much midway the wind died, I couldnt make it planing any more no mather what and I never made it to the flat corner . I gave up and sailed back . Later it started picking up again but it was too late at this point for another upwind grind, so I sailed between the lighthouse and the ramps for another 1.5 hrs. The chop is bad there and the few Duck gybing attempts all failed. I've rigged the 6.5 Retro on a Chinook Carbon 90 RDM which I purchased recently from Second Wind /used/. Although slightly soft top /14 bend curve/ for the Retros /12 bend curve/, it did the job fairly well and the bottom batten rotated flawlessly even at min downhaul-no more kicking it. So now I finally have a decent 460 that rigs the 6.5 OK. The top is too soft for the 7.5, so I wont get rid of the 490 any time soon, but I can live with that, it fits in my car.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds