Thursday, April 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: WNW for Sun

WNW for Sun 7 years 10 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Looking forward to sailing on Wolf. Got a 460 mast delivered this week and Im itching to try it. Kansas Eric got me inspired to check out the Chinook masts on my sails and I ordered a 90% 460 RDM used one from Second Wind-275$ total with delivery to the United cargo terminal. If it doesnt work it will be "only" the third incompatible 460 mast that Ive owned .

WNW for Sun 7 years 10 months ago #2

Hope it works out! I love my Chinook skinnies: got four of em.

In other news, we've had plenty of rain and wild weather here, but no wind. I didn't sail the entire month of May!!! No wind in the forecast either...... :angry:

WNW for Sun 7 years 10 months ago #3

Lake Geneva looks better .I might go there.

WNW for Sun 7 years 10 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Holly Molly a whole month!!! Well its been a while month since Ive been on anything smaller then 6.5 myself.

WNW for Sun 7 years 10 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Looks better today, but I gotta work. Yesterday was on the light side-Retro 7.5/ Atom 110. Tested the Chinook RDM 460 on land only and honestly I'm not blown away. It looks acceptable for the 6.5 Retro, but if I have to kick the bottom batten after a transition / like I do now/ it will have to go, for the 7.5 it was far off and I didn't bother taking it to the water. Also heavy, heavier then my 490 Gulftech RDM :ohmy:
On the bright side I met a couple of expert windsurfers-Jim and Jill / please correct me if I have the names wrong/ and actually Jill told me that she has ran the first windsurfing school on Wolf Lake /have there been others too?!/ back in the 80s. Apparently the good old pond has seen a much better days! Those who sail north of Montrose certainly know them very well, but I had the honor just yesterday.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds