Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 02.20 Wolf Lake

02.20 Wolf Lake 8 years 1 month ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Wu-hu! Sailed today for the first time ever in February! Ive had few January sessions thru the years and plenty of December and March sailing but a February one is a first, made possible by El Nino my guess. I arrived at Wolf around 10 am and at this time only the south 1/4 of the lake was clear if ice, so i launched from the boar ramp and doing a lot of short upwind legs and tacking was able to reach the SW corner with the most room for sailing. It was pretty cool to see the slushy ice fields shift and melt away in front of my eyes. Somwhere between 1 and 2 pm the wind picked up regardless of the forecast and I had lots of planing runs between the ice field and the shore. I also did a very spectacular catapult when the fin hit the shallows unexpectedly . Besides some damage on the tip of the fin and a bit of pain on the upper side of my foot /where the strap has been/ nothing broke. The rest if the session was slogging mostly with the 110 struggling to release in the occasional wind gust. By the time I was ready to leave most of the icy slush has been pushed to the shore and I had to sail/ walk thru it comming back in.
Well who would have tought -sailing in what usually is the worst time of winter !
image_2016-02-20.jpeg

image_2016-02-20.png

02.20 Wolf Lake 8 years 1 month ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
image_2016-02-20-4.jpeg

A little bit of 150 grit and is good again. G10 is so easy to repair!

02.20 Wolf Lake 8 years 1 month ago #3

I was thinking the Wolf might me a go. Hopefully, we will get a proper season opener soon.
I like to fill my fin dings with the mix of epoxy and glass fillers from West Marine. That way your fin will stay the same length.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds