Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Thu 12.10

Thu 12.10 8 years 3 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Nice session at Wolf! I certainly didn't expect it to be this windy-SSW gusting up to 33 knt according to the sensors-so I rigged a 6.5 to make sure I wont be slogging too much. Way overpowered, so I switched to 5.8 which was also too big! Fortunately I had a 5.2 just in case although Im using it with the Kode 86 and I didn't take that board with me /too small for Wolf/. So finally i settled on the 5.2 and even on that sail i had to adjust the settings twice- from med to max and back to med :ohmy:
The 5.2 Revo was surprisingly comfortable with the Atomiq 110 - this board defies all rules- but it would have been better if I had a smaller board of course , even the 86 might have been fine. Anyway it was a great day and I had a lot of fun! Good turnout also - 10 sails or so and 2-3 kites / few of the usual kiters opted for sails yesterday/.
Thanks Santa, keep them comming! Last year we had couple of nice days around Christmas, so Im not hanging my equipment away for the Winter just yet :)

Thu 12.10 8 years 3 months ago #2

• Mike
  • High Wind
We also had a small turnout of sailors and one kite who braved the long drive north to Waukegan. Strong winds but gusty. Overall, a beautiful day.

Thu 12.10 8 years 3 months ago #3

Nice! You guys got the best of that one.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds