Thursday, April 18, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Thursday 10/1/15 63rd beach report NNE

Thursday 10/1/15 63rd beach report NNE 8 years 6 months ago #1

• Manuel
  • Gale Force
For those who wonders how is to ride on 63rd with NNE wind, there you have it. I had some late fun at 63rd. I got there around 5:15. First i started with my 95l and 5.5, but I had to change to my 117l board because It was not as windy as the wind reports claim. I will guess probably around 20knots. Totally onshore with NNE wind, but I was still able jump few starboard tack ramps
By the way, the wave were not that impressive at all. I will say somewhere between 2' to 4' top. Every time it gets windy you hear the weather man predicting "huge" waves between 6' to 10'. I have never seeing waves bigger that 6' high in Chicago no matter how windy it is. At least not on any on the CPD beaches, where the steepness of the lake floor is very gradual, not allowing therefor big waves to form.

Thursday 10/1/15 63rd beach report NNE 8 years 6 months ago #2

• Chris
  • Gale Force
Thanks for the update, Manuel. Glad to hear you had a good session. I went out to Greenwood late this afternoon to watch some really good wavesailing. The waves were probably more than 4' there. Will need to check out 63rd one of these days.

Attached are some pics of Greenwood. The first (gear pic) is from a few days ago. The second is from today.

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds