Thursday, March 28, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: W for 08.24

W for 08.24 8 years 7 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
I'm creating a separate tread to avoid being chastised ;) Today may be the only decent day- wind wise -for the week and I'm not going to miss it. See you at Wolf fellas !

W for 08.24 8 years 7 months ago #2

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Woolf report: starting with maxed 5.8 but may have to downsize

W for 08.24 8 years 7 months ago #3

Looked like a nice day there. Did you have to rig down or did you stay with the 5.8?

W for 08.24 8 years 7 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
...sigh... I hoped to read somebody else's story instead of my own one, but...yeah... Anyway, I stuck with the 5.8 the whole session. Overpowered at times -the Wolf Lake west sensor gave a reading of up to 40kts, but that sensor is way off always, I don't think it got much more then 30. I have an adjustable outhaul on my big boom, so I could manage it most of the time. Not being able to sheet in entering a gybe and the wide board bouncing terribly off the chop consequently have been the main issues .
It was a weird session for me personally-I sucked completely in the first half, then I took a short break after which I had a pretty decent sailing /even got compliments about it/ and then at the very end I reverted back to completely sucking again :huh: Go figure?! Consistency is clearly not my thing and I should take some lessons from Stefan definitely. In contrast to my consistent crashing he is like glued to his board-I barely ever see him fall and mind- he is not playing it safe, he does all kinds of advanced maneuvres beautifully all the time. I haven't seen him doing any 360s , but probably I just missed it?!
The turn up was good - finally met Bob for the first time this year! There was even a new guy sailing when I arrived-Mike has talked to him and helped him rigging, but I didn't and I don't know if he's a member of our forum or not.
Not many kiters that day -awesome :)
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds