Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Light wind practice

Light wind practice 8 years 9 months ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Nice day at Lake Andrea today. What a nice place for a picnic and light wind practice. Btw I cracked the Heli and the Duck finally hurrah! Hopefully I'll be able to do them in stronger winds and on smaller boards aswell by the end of this summer. Next on the list Upwind 360.

Light wind practice 8 years 9 months ago #2

• Otto
  • Strong Breeze
Hurray!!!

Light wind practice 8 years 8 months ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Yes! I did the Upwind 360 today-in close to no wind!
Getting out of ideas for new moves, I'll have to go over the Trictionary and the Jem Hall video this week to look for light wind/Windsup friendly moves to try next Sunday. Oh, I sailed for a bit backwinded with my back to the sail, I may try a light wind version of the Cowboy then!

Light wind practice 8 years 8 months ago #4

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
The program for the upcoming Sunday at Andrea /weather/wife permitting /:
So far I've done the Hely Tack, The Duck Gybe and the Upwind 360. Besides keep on working to get them better I intend on trying the Push Tack, the Backwind Gybe and the Reverse Duck Gybe-all fun and slightly more complicated moves.
I can't believe I used my Windsup only twice last year and was considering selling it-big mistake!

Light wind practice 8 years 8 months ago #5

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Well, the lack of wind yesterday forced me to take out the paddle, believe me or not! I haven't done this for more then a year and a quick check with the instructional videos of Sam Ross confirmed my suspicions that I'm not doing it quite right. I fixed my mistakes I hope and the fact that I don't have muscle cramps this morning is probably a testament to this. After all I crossed the damn lake twice back and fort /on the short side of course /. Keep in mind -my 9' Starboard Converse is wave biased with a heavy rocker and soft rails and neither fast gliding or good straight line tracking-I have to switch sides every 2 strokes. It is great at turning though and I practiced turns like crazy as you can see in this clip shot by my wife who apparently got dizzy from all my spinning around and had to cut it short and sit down :lol:
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds