Thursday, April 25, 2024

Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha
Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Calumet beach 04.03

Calumet beach 04.03 9 years 3 weeks ago #1

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
image_2015-04-03.jpg

Wow freaking 38F! I can't feel my hands -forgot the mits home damn it! Anyway 3 hrs play in the little ankle slappers was a good workout and experience. Wind 16-25 mph so the Windsup and a 4.6 was a good combo. I may have used a 5.2 perhaps, but I didn't won't to make the poor thing plane. Min setting on the 4.6 and it even waterstarted me ones :) I need to find a spot with bigger waves though, anyone knows how it was at Montrose?

Calumet beach 04.03 9 years 3 weeks ago #2

I was in whiting late this afternoon, I didn't bring windsurf gear, but planned on supsurfing or skatesailing. These are picks taken from the south entrance of that beach around 5pm. There were 3 kiters at horseshoe. The wind felt pretty solid and sailable. Air temp really dropped in the day. It was 35 when I was there (and 25 with wind chill). I stopped by wolf on the way back home; no one was there.

20150403_163923.jpg

20150403_165123.jpg

20150403_184542.jpg

Calumet beach 04.03 9 years 3 weeks ago #3

• Ady
  • Hurricane Force
Shoot! I checked it out first, but the wind was light at the time and there were no waves . I also didn't like the fact that the parking is at the downwind end of the beach so I went to the Calumet beach which is too close to the wall . Next time I'll know. Thanks Alan!
Anyway Wolf should be good tomorrow :)

Calumet beach 04.03 9 years 3 weeks ago #4

yup, looks like wolf will be on for both sat and sunday. Finally a proper season opener (proper meaning warm, windy, and on a weekend so everyone can enjoy!) Hasta manana :)
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds